Coeur d' Alene Tractor
Adams Tractor Spokane
Tech Delivery Driver at Boundary Tractor
Boundary Tractor Rental/Service Department Delivery Driver/Technician is responsible for maintaining and preparing equipment in addition to receiving, shipping, and delivery. Technician duties include inspecting equipment to maintain proper operating condition, inspects all attachments and equipment for damage, and accurate fluid levels, and performs maintenance as needed. Driving duties include maintenance of mechanical condition and outward appearance of company truck and organizing storage of equipment in a neat and orderly manner.
- Delivers and picks up rental equipment using Class B Rollback
- Loads rental equipment on customer provided transportation or company trailer
- Determines most efficient route based on load weight, road, and traffic conditions
- Maintains a Driver’s LogBook as required by DOT regulations.
- Follows DOT rules and regulations regarding oversize loads and permits, administers daily inspection requirements, and meets all DOT driver qualifications rules and regulations.
- Instructs customer on proper equipment use and safety procedures.
- Inspects equipment upon return for damage, abuse, fuel levels, and all attachments.
- Assists on service tasks and performs basic trouble shooting.
- Performs minor repairs, annual inspections, and preventative maintenance services on high reach and equipment rental fleet.
- Completes documents for rental closeout upon return.
- Reports any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions, emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to pick up or delivery of equipment.
- Reports all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company equipment. Reports highway safety hazards noted in route.
- Washes all rental machines upon return and touches up paint as needed to maintain proper machine appearance according to Boundary Tractor equipment standards.
- Maintains delivery truck appearance and mechanical condition of truck.
- Works with service department on pre-delivery of new equipment.
- Adheres to all customer care standards.
- Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards to ensure equipment is secured properly and actively cares and advocates safety at Boundary Tractor
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Valid Class B – CDL driver’s license with excellent driving record and current DOT physical card required.
- Minimum of 6 months commercial driving experience with over the road commercial experience required.
- Experience with basic hand tools required.
- Knowledge of usage and operation of light construction equipment preferred.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Boundary Tractor Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.
- Working knowledge of Kubota equipment and diesel trucks and trailers.
- Knowledge of DOT legal requirements
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision required.
- Ability to work overtime with minimum notice required.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Consistent attendance.
Adams Tractor is a retail business specializing in sales, service and parts in the tractor and lawn care industry. Originally established in Spokane, WA in 1929 by Don Adams the business has now grown to have 4 locations: Spokane, Coeur d’Alene (ID – 1948), Bonners Ferry (ID – 1976), and Lewiston (ID – 2020). We began as a Ford Tractor dealer and have diversified to accommodate the constantly evolving needs of our customers and provide them with the best machines, implements, and parts available. Our current brands include Kubota, Land Pride, New Holland, Toro, Ariens/Gravely, Husqvarna and Stihl at the heart of our operations. We pride ourselves on understanding our customers’ needs and finding the best solution possible to make their lives easier and more productive.
Benefits & Salary:
This is an hourly position with opportunities for bonuses within the organization. Healthcare, Dental and Vision along with 401K investment benefits are included after 90 days of employment. We offer a fun, hard-working, dog friendly environment with a calendar of paid holidays each year.
Healthcare, Dental and Vision along with 401K investment benefits are included after 90 days of employment. We offer a fun, hard-working, dog friendly environment with a calendar of paid holidays each year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Adams Tractor provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Adams Tractor prohibits discrimination based on these or any other category protected by law.