Coeur d' Alene Tractor
Adams Tractor Spokane
Small Engine Shop Service Tech at Adams Tractor Spokane
Diagnose and repair small engine machines that are assigned by Small Engine Shop Manager.
- Receive customer equipment needing repair or tune-ups, collect customer information, create repair orders and set expectations for completion of repair in SES Mgr absence.
- Diagnose customer equipment issues based on repair order information and short assessment process.
- Communicate recommendations to SES Manager and wait for approval to proceed with repairs.
- Submit parts request to SES Manager for repairing equipment.
- Maintain technical/mechanical certifications required by manufacturers.
- Decipher warranty vs non-warranty issues to help minimize customer and shop expenses.
- Provide advice to customers on how to make their OPE, lawn & garden equipment experience easier, more productive and last longer.
- Stay organized and maintain clean work environment.
Education – not required.
Experience – 5 to 7 years of experience working as mechanic in agricultural business on gas powered engines.
Skills – Strong written, organizational and verbal communication skills required. Ability to diagnose mechanical issues on small engines a must. Willingness to work independently and within a team environment. Basic computer skills. Ability to lift 50 to 100 pounds required.
Adams Tractor is a retail business specializing in sales, service and parts in the tractor and lawn care industry. Originally established in Spokane, WA in 1929 by Don Adams the business has now grown to have 4 locations: Spokane, Coeur d’Alene (ID – 1948), Bonners Ferry (ID – 1976), and Lewiston (ID – 2020). We began as a Ford Tractor dealer and have diversified to accommodate the constantly evolving needs of our customers and provide them with the best machines, implements, and parts available. Our current brands include Kubota, Land Pride, New Holland, Toro, Ariens/Gravely, Husqvarna and Stihl at the heart of our operations. We pride ourselves on understanding our customers’ needs and finding the best solution possible to make their lives easier and more productive.
Benefits & Salary:
This an hourly position with opportunities for bonuses within the organization. Healthcare, Dental and Vision along with 401K investment benefits are included after 90 days of employment. We offer a fun, hard-working, dog friendly environment with a calendar of paid holidays each year.
Healthcare, Dental and Vision along with 401K investment benefits are included after 90 days of employment. We offer a fun, hard-working, dog friendly environment with a calendar of paid holidays each year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Adams Tractor provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Adams Tractor prohibits discrimination based on these or any other category protected by law.